System Administrator – Web Technologies
Our Santa Fe, New Mexico technology company is the price/performance leader in the publishing industry. We provide a host of products and services to publishers, including ERP business management systems, web-commerce platforms and various cloud and hosted services.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Systems Administrator with emphasis on website administration, e-commerce systems support, and cloud computing technologies. The candidate will work in the Information Technology department and provide technical support to our development and hosting teams as well as end user support. The candidate will also work closely with the Information Technology manager on a wide variety of projects that include implementing new customer e-commerce web sites, server virtualization, SaaS solutions, and digital distribution systems. This role requires skillful communication and the ability to document best practices for the general administration and management of Windows-based systems, storage platforms, and applications hosted within our local environment and remote datacenter.
The desired applicant must possess excellent project management skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment that can move fast. This position offers the challenges and demands of a dynamic 24/7 application-hosting environment. You will be working with both internal and external clients, in addition to vendors. A professional approach to both technical issues and business needs/sensitivities is essential. Another key requirement is the ability to scrutinize, assess and solve a problem, request or situation without losing sight of best practices and the big picture goals. Individuals with the discipline and skills to self-direct and prioritize are those who will excel in the organization.
This is a varied and interesting position for the right person with the applicable experience. Integrity, ethics and professionalism are highly valued personal qualities in the company culture. The ability to effectively communicate with staff, upper management and clients in a professional and productive manner is essential to succeeding in this key role in the company.
This position is full-time and, for the right candidate, can be made flexible in terms of on-site and remote participation for non-local commuting applicants. We offer a competitive salary and compensation package, including paid holidays, vacation, and medical/dental insurance in a casual and respectful work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including written
- Superior customer support and service skills
- Technical trouble shooting and problem solving abilities
- Ability to manage time effectively in a dynamic environment, and deliver objectives when expected. Requires efficient organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to participate in the full spectrum of tasks
- Participation in 24 X 7 on-call rotation and infrequent off-hours work
Minimum Required Experience and Skills
2-5 years of Systems Administration experience including:
- Web Site Administration and e-commerce web hosting
- Database Administration
- Remote Access technologies
- Virtualization technologies
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Solid understanding of network infrastructures
- Ability to research and document strategies and designs independently
Web hosting expertise, including:
- Web Site Security
- Systems security and intrusion prevention
- SSL certificate management
- Firewall and internet routing devices
- Solid understanding of DNS
Additional Valued Skills and Experience
- MCSE or MCSA Certifications
- Experience in a web hosting or software development environment
- E-mail Administration
- Citrix XenApp experience
- VoIP Phone Systems
- Exposure to .net/asp
- Creative approach and interest in problem solving
- IIS 7
- Apache Tomcat
- Apple Macintosh
To apply, please send your cover letter, résumé and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Type: Full-time, salaried
Location: Santa Fe and partial remote options for Albuquerque area resident
Reference Code: Job ID# 500-350